The National Philharmonic of Ukraine, Kiev
Yevropeis'ka square, 1/2, Kiev, Kyiv city, Ukraine
The National Philharmonic of Ukraine. The building was built as the Town Merchant meeting in 1882, the famous architect of Kiev Nikolaev, who was not only a talented architect, but also a good musician. He was able to design a pillared hall with excellent acoustics. Here there were fancy-dress balls, family celebrations, charitable lotteries, literary and musical evenings. Merchants meeting lasted until 1919. In 1923, in the house of the former Merchants Assembly was founded State Philharmonic. At the beginning of the war in 1941, the activities of the Kiev Philharmonic ceased, and the priceless archives were burned. During the occupation of the building siting of the German Officers' Club. After the war philharmonic reconvened. In the late eighties, the Philharmonic Hall was given the status of a landmark was completely renovated and equipped with modern technical equipment. Refurbished Column Hall of the National Philharmonic of Ukraine was opened to the public in December 1996. Today, the National Philharmonic of Ukraine continues to represent a broad range of different programs, including a full season of symphonic and chamber philharmonic orchestras, quartets guitarists and accordionists, bandura trio, chamber and folk ensembles of the National Philharmonic of Ukraine. Under the patronage of the Philharmonic hosts international competitions and festivals.