Nivekerk or New Church - was built in 1408 by order of the Archbishop of Utrecht. It is located on Dam Square, next to the Royal Palace.. In subsequent years, the church burned several times in urban fires and exposed to rebuild it. It was used for royal coronations and inaugurations, the last time the accession to the throne of Queen Beatrix and the wedding, the last time at the wedding of Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima Sorregety in 2002..
Westerkerk or Western church - the most prominent church capital of the Netherlands, built in 1631, designed by Hendrick de Keyser. The spire of the church is the tallest church spire in Amsterdam and has a height of 85 meters. The crown Crown of Austria Emperor Maximilian the First Empire.. In the church, October 8, 1669 Rembrandt was buried. The exact location of his grave is unknown, but presumed to be somewhere along the northern wall of the church. Here was buried and beloved Rembrandt Hendrickje Stoffels, and possibly his son Titus van Rijn. Also buried in the Westerkerk and other artists - Nicolaes Berchem, Gillis de Hondekuter, Melchior de Hondekuter and Govert Flinck. Tenth day of March one thousand nine hundred and sixty-six were married in the church of the future Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus von Amsberg.. Westerkerk is near the Anne Frank House, where, during World War II for two years hiding from the Nazis family of Anne Frank, who wrote about it in his diary. On the church square is a statue of Anne Frank.. Also near the church is Gomomonument, established in memory of the men and women who were persecuted for sexual orientation..
Leidseplein - this is an area in the center of Amsterdam, one of the most popular and vibrant nightlife of the city. On the Square and adjoining streets are full of bars, restaurants, outdoor cafes, theaters, dance clubs. Also on the square is common to see street performers..
Museum Square was broken up at the end of the nineteenth century, and is so named because in it there are four museums: Reyksmyusem, Van Gogh Museum, the Museum and the Museum of diamonds Stedeleyk. The State Art Museum or Rijksmuseum founded in 1808 by the brother of Napoleon I, Louis Bonaparte, King of Holland. The museum houses a whole chronicle of the Netherlands from one thousand one hundredth to the present day, with a variety of works of art, archaeological artifacts, a collection of drawings, prints and photographs.. Another object of art, located on the Museumplein Amsterdam, Van Gogh Museum. It was founded in the seventies of the twentieth century. The Museum is the world's largest collection of paintings and drawings by the artist, tells about his life and work. Also in the gallery are works by other artists of the impressionist, contemporary Vincent van Gogh. Along with the Museum of Erotica, is the most famous museum in Amsterdam.. In the immediate vicinity of the previous two attractions are City Museum and Amsterdam Stedelek, which opened in 1895 as a place of historical relics. By the early seventies of the twentieth century, it became the first in Amsterdam, the Museum of Modern Art. Here are all the known areas of modern art, including the largest collection of works by Malevich.. The fourth museum, located on the Museum Square - Diamond Museum. Created by Coster Diamonds, he engaged in polishing and sale of diamonds for over 170 years. The permanent exhibition on display diamond jewelry and guided tours about the history of diamonds.. In the vicinity of the Museum Square in Amsterdam are law firms and expensive offices established companies. The area is the venue for events, festivals, celebrations and demonstrations.
Heineken brewery - was founded in Amsterdam in 1864 by Gerard Adriaan Haynekenom. As of 2006 the company owned 130 breweries in more than sixty-five countries. With world-famous brands Heineken and Amstel, the company produces more than one hundred and seventy international and local beers.. The company Heineken, annually producing 139.2 million hectoliters of beer, has the third highest income among the largest breweries in the world.. Heineken brewery - it's not just the factory, but also a landmark of Amsterdam..
Vaterlopleyn or Waterloo Square, in the center of Amsterdam, near the Amstel River. On Vaterlopleyn are building City Hall and Opera House "Stopera" Mozes en Aaronkerk church, as well as attracting a large number of tourists daily flea market. Vaterlopleyn area, named after the Battle of Waterloo in 1815, appeared in 1882 on the site of accidentally buried channels and Leprozengraht Hautgraht.. The town square has turned into a market, when the city government decided to Move her Jewish merchants shops located in the surrounding streets Yodenbrestrat and Sint Antonibrestrat. From 1893 to Vaterlopleyn market is open every day of the same name.
Muntplein area is the most comprehensive in the bridge that spans the Singel Canal in its confluence with the River Amstel. Area name, which translates as "the area of mint" comes from her tower located on Myunttoren (or Munthe). In the seventeenth century it was located some time Mint. In the Middle Ages, this tower was part of one of the three main gate. The appearance of the name "Muntplein" dates from nineteen hundred семнадцатым year. Originally called Shapenpleyn area (the area of the sheep), and since 1877 - Sofiapleyn (after Queen Sofia, the first wife of Willem III's).. Muntplein converge on the area of six streets and, accordingly, six tram lines, as well as in the southern side there is a small part of the floating flower market Blumenmarkt.. From the square Munthe originates main shopping street of Amsterdam Kalverstraat, which leads to the Dam Square, and if you go on the area Munthe in the direction perpendicular to the direction of the Kalverstraat, Regulirsbreystrat across the street, you can get on the Rembrandt Square offers a variety of activities.. One of the most notable buildings in the area - structure located at the intersection of the Kalverstraat and Rokin and represents the early work of renowned Dutch architect Hendrik Petrus Berlage..
Royal Palace - the former the Amsterdam Town Hall, now one of the three palaces in the Netherlands, which are at the disposal of the monarch. The palace is located on Dam Square - the most famous square of Amsterdam, battered over the years, a lot of historical dramas.. The building was built in 1655, designed by Jacob van Campen and was used as the town hall until 1808, after which it was the residence of Louis Bonaparte. Subsequently, the building was transferred to the Royal House of Orange, and in 1935 the state bought the Royal Palace in its coffers.. The palace has a huge central hall: 36.6 meters long, 18.3 meters wide and 27.4 meters in height. On the floor are shown hemisphere, which shows in detail the influence of the colonial areas of Amsterdam.. In numerous halls and galleries of the palace paintings by Dutch artists - Rembrandt, Govert Flinck, Jacob Jordaens, Jan Lievens and Ferdinand Bol. It is for the new town hall is the large-scale Rembrandt completed his painting, "Conspiracy of Julius Civilis.".
Amsterdam Central Station - the main train station Dutch capital. It is situated between residential areas and the port. At the station has 6 platforms and 15 tracks. The station was built in 1889 by architect Peter Kuipers with the participation of Adolf Leonard van Gendt. In 1885, Kuipers also designed the building Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, which looks similar to the Central Station.. This is the first station in the Netherlands, which was designed by renowned architect.