Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, Milan
Corso Magenta, 69, 20123 Milan, Italy
Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie - is the main church of the Dominican convent of the Renaissance.. Its construction started in 1469 under the laws of the late Gothic led Gviniforte Solari. From 1490 on the orders of Ludovico Sforza, the church was turned into a shrine of the ducal house of Sforza. All work on its redevelopment produced under the direction of Bramante.. Today the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie primarily famous for being in the dining room adjoining it in the Dominican monastery is famous fresco by Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper". Masterpiece miraculously survived the bombing during World War II, when almost all the refectory was destroyed.. Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie was the first of the Italian sites listed in the UNESCO World Heritage List.