Area Cadorna, Milan
Piazzale Luigi Cadorna, 16, 20123 Milan, Italy
Cadorna area is the central area of Milan, with numerous restaurants, bars, cafes and various shops. This area is provided by public transport with numerous bus and tram stops. In addition Cadorna area - an important railway junction in Milan. There is a railway station Cadorna - the final stop of the five regional and commuter rail lines connecting Milan to Como, Varese Laveno Mombello, Novara, stationery, Asso. Also from Cadorna train sent to the international airport Malpensa. The first building Cadorna Station was built under Mayor Julio Bellintsagi in 1879 from a tree. The new three-storey building was erected on this spot in 1895, but in 1943, destroyed by bombing. Cadorna modern building was built just after the Second World War. In 2000, the station was reconstructed and placed in front of her area under the supervision of the architect Gae Aulenti. On the square Cadorna was installed no ordinary monument - Monumento alla Fashion on Fashion. It consists of two parts and is a needle and thread and knot. The authors of the monument are the spouses Kuzya van Bruggen and Claes Oldenburg. The sculpture symbolizes also the transport of Milan. Cadorna - one of the most important transportation hubs in the city, hence the knot at the end of the thread. Its colors are red, yellow and green colors correspond to the three underground lines and Milan..