Sempione Park - a favorite place of recreation for the citizens of Milan, erected in 1893 on the project Emilio Alemany. At the moment the area of the park is about 50 acres. The park is a huge number of ponds, which in addition to fish, you can see turtles and waterfowl. The main attractions of the park are the magnificent Palazzo del Arte, which hosts exhibitions of decorative arts, as well as the Arch of Peace, originally conceived by Napoleon, as the Arc de Triomphe. Its construction was started in 1807 in honor of the victories of Napoleon's troops in the Apennines. Through the Arch of Emperor of the French solemnly assumed to enter the city after the completion of the. However, construction proceeded slowly. By 1815, when Napoleon's power came to an end after his defeat at Waterloo, the arch has not yet been built. Its opening took place only in 1838. It was renamed the Peace Arch in memory of the world, was established in Europe in 1815 after the fall of Napoleon's empire. Among the other attractions of the park - the stadium since Napoleon and the aquarium, which contains the most complete collection of marine and lake fowl Italy..
Sforzesco Castle is one of the most famous attractions in Milan. Its history dates back to the XIV century, when the ruler of Giovanni Visconti wanted to rebuild a castle-fortress, which was later destroyed by a crowd vosstantsev who fought for the Republic Ambrozianu. In the middle of the XV century, the castle was rebuilt by Duke Francesco Sforza, the new ruler of Milan, whose name it now bears. At the beginning of the XVI century to the decoration of the castle was drawn by Leonardo da Vinci. Unfortunately from the works of the great masters of the Castle survived only decoration of the Hall delle Asse and some literary works. Subsequently, because of the endless wars, the castle owned by the Spaniards, the French, the Austrians, which of course affects its appearance, buildings were destroyed in the fighting, and then restored, several buildings were rebuilt, and the Spanish conquerors beautiful painted rooms were used as a storehouse for weapons and . Under Napoleon Bonaparte during their stay in Milan from 1796 to 1801, the castle was a series of restoration works, as well as split large square in front of the castle. Today, the Castello Sforzesco - a recognized symbol of Milan, an architectural and historical monument with several museums, is located in its territory, surrounded by a large garden. The castle is a museum of ancient Egypt, prehistoric museum, the museum of musical instruments, glassware and other. In the castle you can see the last unfinished sculpture of Michelangelo's "Pieta Rondanini", paintings by Mantegna, Giovanni Bellini, Filippino Lippi, Pontormo and Correggio, as well as an interesting collection of musical instruments..
Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie - is the main church of the Dominican convent of the Renaissance.. Its construction started in 1469 under the laws of the late Gothic led Gviniforte Solari. From 1490 on the orders of Ludovico Sforza, the church was turned into a shrine of the ducal house of Sforza. All work on its redevelopment produced under the direction of Bramante.. Today the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie primarily famous for being in the dining room adjoining it in the Dominican monastery is famous fresco by Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper". Masterpiece miraculously survived the bombing during World War II, when almost all the refectory was destroyed.. Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie was the first of the Italian sites listed in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Cadorna area is the central area of Milan, with numerous restaurants, bars, cafes and various shops. This area is provided by public transport with numerous bus and tram stops. In addition Cadorna area - an important railway junction in Milan. There is a railway station Cadorna - the final stop of the five regional and commuter rail lines connecting Milan to Como, Varese Laveno Mombello, Novara, stationery, Asso. Also from Cadorna train sent to the international airport Malpensa. The first building Cadorna Station was built under Mayor Julio Bellintsagi in 1879 from a tree. The new three-storey building was erected on this spot in 1895, but in 1943, destroyed by bombing. Cadorna modern building was built just after the Second World War. In 2000, the station was reconstructed and placed in front of her area under the supervision of the architect Gae Aulenti. On the square Cadorna was installed no ordinary monument - Monumento alla Fashion on Fashion. It consists of two parts and is a needle and thread and knot. The authors of the monument are the spouses Kuzya van Bruggen and Claes Oldenburg. The sculpture symbolizes also the transport of Milan. Cadorna - one of the most important transportation hubs in the city, hence the knot at the end of the thread. Its colors are red, yellow and green colors correspond to the three underground lines and Milan..
Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio - the second largest and the popularity of the temple after the Duomo of Milan. It was built in three hundred and eighty sixth year of Saint Ambrose of Milan, is the patron saint of the city, the burial place of the early Christian martyrs in Milan. Originally, the church was called the "Basilica of the Martyrs", and after the death of Ambrose was named in his honor. Basil is considered a masterpiece of Romanesque architecture and prototype of all Romanesque churches. Its present Lombardo-Romanesque form she acquired after a few rearrangements in the ninth and tenth centuries, then the two bell towers were built. The temple is famous because in it the relics of St. Ambrose, and found them martyrs Gervasius and Protasius. There is also buried several Frankish kings of Italy, including the Louis II. Another attraction is the tomb of a Roman general Stilihona, who died in the fourth century.. Also in the basilica is an architectural monument of the V century - Chapel of San Vittore, known for its golden mosaics in the dome, and the golden altar of the IX century. Near the Basilica of the remains of the ancient Roman walls and a chapel in memory of the fallen in the wars of the Milanese.
Don Dzhyussani Park, formerly known as Solari Park, is one of the most famous and popular parks in Milan. This is a real forest in the city, ideal for long walks and picnics. Here are four playgrounds and three fenced areas for dog-walking. In the center of the park is a fountain, next to which is Kan Yasuda sculpture "Gates return". The park was created in the thirties by architect Enrico Casiraghi in the territory, where he was siding railway lines between Milan and Milan-Mortara Musokko. The territory of the present park was originally used as a place for the reception of cattle to the city slaughterhouse. In 1963, the architect Arrigo Arrigetti in the park's public swimming pool was built, and in 2004 was made a reconstruction of the park..
Basilica of St. Eustorgio - is a Catholic church, a monument of architecture. The first church on this site was built in the fourth century and is named in honor of St. Eustorgius, bishop of Milan, who, according to legend, transferred the relics of the three kings from Constantinople to Milan. There is evidence that in five hundred fifteenth year there was built a new church, which after renovation in the ninth century Romanesque traits acquired. In his time the church has gone through many transformations, but up to now perfectly preserved architecture of the temple and its murals, written on the life story of St. Peter Milanese painter Vincenzo Foppa, as well as sculptures by Giovanni di Balducci. In the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries the Basilica were attached numerous Renaissance chapel that belonged to noble birth. In the same period, and the bell tower was built with arches and a hipped roof in the Lombard style. It capped an eight-pointed star, symbolizing the one that saw the Three King. Were installed in the bell tower clock tower, the first in Italy. For centuries, the basilica was a place of pilgrimage to the relics are kept here, which were believed to belong to the three kings who brought gifts to Jesus, born. In the twelfth century, after the capture of Milan by Frederick Barbarossa relics of the three kings on the orders of the Emperor were moved to Cologne, where they reside to this day in Cologne Cathedral. In 1903, a small fragment of the relics was returned from Cologne to the Basilica of St. Eustorgius.. The main attractions are the St. Eustorgio Renaissance chapel Cappella Portinari, Brivio Chapel and Chapel Visconti. Under the altar of the church are the remains of St. Eustorgius. In the right transept is an ancient sarcophagus three kings, which houses a small fragment of the relics returned from Cologne. In 1764, at the Basilica of Christian burial was found, containing coins of Emperor Constant, the son of Constantine the Great, who ruled from 337 to 350 annually..
Basilica of San Lorenzo Maggiore - a temple built in honor of St. Lawrence, Archdeacon of the Roman Christian community alive izzharennogo on the iron bars in the two hundred and fifty-eighth year.. The basilica was built at the end of IV century under Bishop Ambrose of Milan on the spot, next to which was the ancient amphitheater. The stones that served for the construction of the ancient Roman structures, were used as the material for the new church. Over the long history of its existence, the church has survived several fires and collapsed in 1573. Works to restore it led architect Martino Bassi, who retained the original plan of the basilica, adding a dome set on a high drum.. Basilica of San Lorenzo Maggiore is unique in that it combines the art of ancient Roman and early Christian periods. She is known for the fact that it is located right in front of a number of ancient Roman columns, survived the term of the Emperor Maximilian, dated III century. The most famous part of the basilica - Chapel of St. Aquilina, which survived several late antique mosaics. In the inner courtyard of the temple is a bronze statue of Emperor Constantine I the Great, which is a copy of the sculpture, located in the Lateran Basilica in Rome..
Guastalla Gardens - is the oldest park in Milan with a rich history that began in 1555, when Louis Paola Torello, Countess of Guastalla, widowed 29 years of age, acquired in Milan plot of land to build on it a Christian school for girls from noble, but . Around the school has been broken this magnificent Italian garden. In 1938, the territory of Guastalla gardens along with the building of the school was the property of the community. Then the school moved to the ancient city of Monza, near Milan, and the gardens have been combined with Guastalla located next door to the palace park Sormani.. In 1939, the park was opened to the public. Today it is one of the most famous parks in the city. It grows a lot of rare and beautiful plants. In the center of the park is a pond with goldfish in the Baroque style, decorated with white granite and surrounded by high terraces with binders stairs. Also in the park are located neoclassical chapel and several statues.
Milan's city garden - so the north-eastern part of Milan, which is a park area with scattered on the territory of the Palace Museum. In the park is the city's Natural Science Museum and Planetarium. It is not just beautiful, but also historically famous place, which is the oldest public park in Europe. The park has been around since 1797. It was the first park in Milan, designed specifically for public recreation.. Once there is a place located behind the then Swiss College, planned for construction start up houses for wealthy Milanese citizens. However, the Habsburgs, the then ruler of Milan, decided on the spot to break a vacant lot garden. A garden was designed by Giuseppe Piermarini, who managed to have himself glorify the construction of the theater "La Scala". In addition to the alleys, lawns and a pond in the park, he built a hall for ball games and a pavilion for performances and gala dinners.. In 2002, the park was named in honor of the journalist Indro Montanelli. Every morning, Indro Montanelli on the way to the office he founded the publication went to the park to sit on the bench, where the morning of June 1977, he was wounded. Today this place is his monument..
Cathedral Square is the main square of Milan, where there are several main historical buildings. Here Milanese together at Christmas, New Year and other holidays.. In the center stands on the pedestal of the equestrian statue - a monument to King Vittorio Emanuel the Second. To the left of the monument is a gallery named after Vittorio Emanuele II. It connects the cathedral square with an area in front of the famous Opera "La Scala". The gallery was designed by architect Giuseppe Mengoni in 1877 in the shape of a cross. Its arched ceiling and a central dome made of glass and metal structures. Today the gallery is known for a huge number of brand shops and restaurants. In addition, there are many shows and concerts. Here you can also find the most luxurious and expensive hotel of the city..
The main building of the Cathedral Square is the Cathedral of Milan - a symbol of Milan, its most important landmark, as well as one of the most famous buildings in Europe, built in the style of "Flamboyant Gothic". Milan Cathedral - the fourth largest Gothic church in the world, and the third - in Europe and the second in Italy, after St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. The Cathedral is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Its construction was started in 1386. As a building material used kandoliysky white marble which was mined in quarries near Lake Maggiore and valued very highly. The main spire of the cathedral, a height of 104 meters, was built in 1769. His decorated four-meter statue of the Madonna, made of gilded bronze. After a few years he was issued a special decree that no buildings of Milan should not overshadow the figure of the patron saint of the city. The facade of the cathedral was not completed until the early nineteenth century on the orders of Napoleon. However, some of its parts to finish until 1965. Milan Cathedral - this is a unique structure that affects its impressive size. It can hold up to 40,000 people. In addition, the main temple of Milan impresses with its décor. This is a late Gothic building contains many spiers and sculptures, marble pointed turrets and towers, connected by a large number of floating support. One only of statues in the Cathedral there are 3400 pieces. From the roof of the building, where you can climb the stairs, consisting of five hundred steps, offering the most spectacular views of the city.. The main attraction of the cathedral - a gold statue of Milan's patron saint Madonna. Among the many statues of the Cathedral of greatest interest is the figure of St. Bartholomew, the patron saint of fishermen, from which flayed alive. Another attraction of the cathedral - a nail with the crucifixion of Christ. Brought him to Italy St. Helen. Later, a nail was lost and is found Saint Ambrose in one of the forges. Relic goes twice a year using a special device. The attractions include the tomb interior Gian Giacomo Medici, the wooden choir, Egyptian porphyry tub IV century, which is used as a baptismal font..
Another famous building the Cathedral Square - Royal Palace, several centuries served as the residence of the local authorities. The space in front facade of the building is called the Royal area. Today, the palace is not a political meaning, but became the cultural center of the city and is used also for art and sculpture exhibitions..
Legendary opera and ballet "La Scala", also known as the "Temple of the Opera", the scene of which the last 200 years'd seen most of the best Italian and foreign artists. It was built by order of Queen Maria Theresa of Austria in 1778. Today, the "La Scala" is one of the leading theaters of the world. It based its choir, orchestra and ballet company. It also houses the Academy of Fine Arts, offering professionally trained in music, dance, dramatics and directing.. In the next to the theater "La Scala" building houses a museum dedicated to the history not only of the theater, but the theater arts and Italy in general. Collection of exhibits is based on a large private collection, acquired at auction in the early XX century. Among the items on display in the museum you can see the costumes, musical instruments, photographs, personal items and autographs of the actors, and even a few board games that took the audience bored in the theater lobby..