Football stadium " Artemio Franchi", Florence
Viale P. Paoli, 23, 50137 Florence, Italy
Football stadium " Artemio Franchi" - one of the most important architectural works of the twentieth century in the city. It opened its doors to visitors in 1931 and is able to accommodate more than 47,000 people. Stadium architect Pier Luigi Nervi is known for Nervi hall at the Vatican. Originally called the Comunale stadium , which means "people " , but in 1991 it was renamed and now bears the name of the former President of the Italian Football Federation and the former UEFA president Artemio Franchi. Especially for the FIFA World Cup 1990 stadium was reconstructed. He was originally a multi-functional, but during the renovation of the stadium have been removed treadmills, and now it is used exclusively for football matches .. Currently Football Stadium " Artemio Franchi" is the home stadium of football club "Fiorentina" ..