Hamburg School of Music and Theatre
Harvestehuder Weg 12, 20148 Hamburg, Germany
Hamburg School of Music and Theatre is one of the largest higher education institutions in Germany music. It was founded in 1950 as the State Higher School of Music on the basis of former private school of acting Anne Marie Roque Marx and Edward Marx. A first of its head was a famous composer Philip Yarnah. The main building of the school, located in a villa Budge - Palais, built in 1884 by architect Martin Haller. Since 1903, the villa was the residence of Henry and Emma Budge, then from 1938 to 1945 the building was the headquarters of the Governor Charles Kaufmann, and in 1959 the building became the property of the Hamburg Higher School of Music and Theatre. Schooling is carried out on such specialties as instrumental music, church music, jazz and pop music, singing, acting, directing, music pedagogy, cultural management and the media, chamber music, drama, music therapy, all kinds musical instruments, composition, conducting. In Hamburg Higher School of Music and Theatre work or engaged in research activities representatives from fifty countries. Among teachers in different years were well-known musicians - Ligeti, Alfred Schnittke, David Geringas.