Equestrian statue, Paris
1561 Place du Pont Neuf, 75001 Paris, France
In 1614, by order of Queen Marie de Medici in the middle part of the New Bridge, which is based on the Cité island, erected a statue of a rider in honor of her murdered husband - King Henry the Fourth. This bronze statue remained in this position until the French Revolution. In 1792, she was defeated and thrown into the Seine. Survived a few fragments of the monument, which are now in the museum Carnavalet. In 1814, King Louis XVIII instructed to cast a new statue and install it in the same location of the New Bridge. It is this statue we see today..