10 Place de la Concorde, 75008 Paris, France
Concorde is a central area of Paris and an outstanding monument of town-planning of the Classical period. It is the largest square in Paris and the second largest area in France. It was divided between the Champs Elysees and the Tuileries garden palace commissioned by King Louis XV in 1755. In the middle area have established an equestrian statue of King Bushardona and Pigalle.. On the north side of the elegant buildings have been erected and the Ministry of Marine Hotel de Crillon. In seventeen hundred ninetieth year of the Seine was a bridge of Concord, which rests on the opposite side of the building of the National Assembly (formerly the Palais Bourbon). During the French Revolution here, surrounded by cheering crowds were beheaded King Louis XVI and Queen Marie-Antoinette. In those days it was called Revolution Square. Its present name in the square was a sign of reconciliation classes at the end of the revolutionary terror in 1795..