Boulevard des Capucines, Paris
17 Boulevard des Capucines, 75009 Paris, France
Boulevard des Capucines is one of the so-called Grands Boulevards of Paris boulevards along with Madeleine, Montmartre and the Boulevard of the Italians.
Boulevard stretching only 440 meters was laid in 1685 and named in honor of the convent, which was located in his place until the French Revolution. Boulevard des Capucines is widely known thanks to the bourgeois and bohemian atmosphere that prevailed here in XVIII-XIX centuries. In addition, this street has gone down in history and by the fact that in 1895 in the house number 14 took the world's first mass film session. Lumiere brothers showed the public 10 short films on the big screen, among which was the world's first comedy " soft blossom waterer."
Then dwelt on the boulevard 's beau monde in the house number 8 cores composer Offenbach, music hall star Mistranslating - in the house number 24. The house number 35 was located photographer Nadar's studio, where in 1874 the first exhibition of more obscure young impressionists - Renoir, Manet, Pissarro and Monet. Here exhibited famous painting by Claude Monet - "Boulevard Capucines", which is now in the Pushkin Museum in Moscow.
The house number 43 in the XIX century was the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France, where every day he went to work Henri Beyle, better known to us as Stendhal. House number 2 - Former "Hotel Montmorency,"which in 1869 was located in Paris Theatre" Vaudeville ", and now the film company Paramount Opera " hubbub."And in the house number 28 is a concert hall"Olympia" - the oldest of the existing concert halls Parizha and one of the most popular in the world. There were Edith Piaf and Maurice Chevalier.