The first stop on our journey - the Paris Opera, in modern France is known as the Opera Garnier. This is one of the most famous opera houses in the world.. It is located in the Palais Garnier, built in 1875, in the ninth arrondissement of Paris, at the end of the avenue of the Opera, near the Metro Station. The building is considered a benchmark of eclectic architecture in the Beaux-Arts. It belongs to the era of a major transformation of the successful approach of Napoleon III and Haussmann prefect.. The building was called the Paris Opera House for a long time, but after the opening of the Opera Bastille in 1989, it is called simply the name of the architect Charles Garnier. Today, the two institutions merged in the public and commercial enterprise, "the Opera de Paris.". One of the most famous places of the Opera Garnier - the lobby of the main staircase. Inlaid marble of different colors, it accommodates a double flight of stairs leading to the theater foyer and auditorium floors.. The auditorium of the Paris Opera House is made in the Italian style in the shape of a horseshoe and holds a nineteen hundred spectator seats, trimmed in red velvet. He lit a huge chandelier made of crystal, which weighs more than six tons, and the ceiling is painted in 1964 by Marc Chagall. Foyer of the Opera - place to walk the audience during intermission - spacious and richly decorated. The first set of the foyer is covered with lovely mosaic c gold background. Hence the beautiful view of the entire space of the grand staircase.. Large foyer was designed by architect Garnier modeled on the front galleries of old castles. The game mirrors and windows gives a visual gallery of even greater scope. Currently Palais Garnier is mainly used for ballet performances..
Palais Royale - is a royal palace and park area.. The palace was designed by Jacques Lemercier in 1639 for Cardinal Richelieu and initially called cardinal. After the death of Richelieu in 1642, the palace became the property of the king and got a new name Palais Royal. After the death of Louis XIII, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons, Louis XIV and Philip, the Duke of Anjou.. When Louis XIV and his successors, the palace served as the city residence of the Dukes of Orleans, and in the minority of Louis XV from here the Prince Regent led the management of the entire France.. During the Paris Commune, one thousand eight hundred and seventy first year of the palace burned down, but was rebuilt two years later and since then places the different government agencies - the State Council, the Constitutional Council and the Ministry of Culture. Immediately behind the palace are the old buildings of the National Library..
Louvre - one of the largest museums in the world, the third in the world by floor space, part one hundred sixty thousand one hundred six square meters.. The museum is located in the old royal palace of the Louvre, which was originally a fortress, built in the late dvennadtsatogo century under Philip the Second.. Louvre - one of the oldest museums with a rich history of collecting art and historical relics in France since the time of the Capetian dynasty to the present day.. In the Louvre was going to all this museum can be called universal. His collection of works of art by artists from various civilizations, cultures and eras. The museum has about three hundred thousand pieces, of which only thirty five thousands exhibited in the halls. Many of the exhibits are in storage because they can not be shown to visitors for more than three consecutive months for reasons of safety.. The Louvre exhibits are divided into the following collections: Ancient East, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Etruria, Rome, Islamic Art, Sculptures, Objects of Art, Fine Arts, Graphic Arts..
The new bridge - the oldest surviving bridge over the River Seine in Paris. Now he is one of the symbols of Paris.. The bridge is 280 meters, width - 20 meters. The new bridge connects the Louvre embankment on the right bank of the waterfront and the Rue Conti Grand Ogusten on the left bank. Around the middle of the bridge crosses the western end of the island de la Cite.. The construction of the bridge was planned to King Henry II in 1556, but failed in the face of resistance Parisian merchants. Only 20 years later, in 1578, King Henry III initiated the construction of the bridge. A distinctive feature of the new bridge was that it was not built up with shops and houses, as other bridges. Thus, passing over the bridge, you can admire the Seine and the surrounding area. Delivery of the bridge took place after 30 years of construction already under King Henry IV, who discovered it in 1607..
In 1614, by order of Queen Marie de Medici in the middle part of the New Bridge, which is based on the Cité island, erected a statue of a rider in honor of her murdered husband - King Henry the Fourth. This bronze statue remained in this position until the French Revolution. In 1792, she was defeated and thrown into the Seine. Survived a few fragments of the monument, which are now in the museum Carnavalet. In 1814, King Louis XVIII instructed to cast a new statue and install it in the same location of the New Bridge. It is this statue we see today..
Notre Dame - a Christian cathedral in the heart of Paris, the geographical and spiritual heart of the French capital, located in the eastern part of the Ile de la Cité. Its construction began in 1163, under Louis the Seventeenth and was completed only in 1345. The architecture of the cathedral shows the duality of stylistic influences. On the one hand, there are echoes of the Romanesque style of Normandy, and on the other, - used innovative architectural achievements of Gothic style. The cathedral houses one of the great Christian relics - The crown of thorns of Jesus Christ. Cathedral annually visited 14000000 people. He is one of the most famous monuments in Europe..
Place Saint-Michel is located in the Latin Quarter, between the fifth and shestymm districts of Paris. It is famous fountain of St. Michael, built by the French architect Gabriel David in 1855. Originally intended to dedicate the fountain to Napoleon Bonaparte, but in the end won the current name. The construction is decorated with two dragons spouting streams of water in the bowl of the fountain. In the vicinity of the square is a number of attractions, including monuments Ile de la Cité, including the Palace of Justice..
Orsay Museum - a museum of Fine and Applied Arts, one of the largest collections of European painting and sculpture from the period of eighteen hundred of fifty one thousand nine hundred tenth year. The collection consists of works of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist. The collection is also rich in works of decorative art in the Art Nouveau style, photographs and pieces of architecture. Orsay Museum is located in the former building of the railway station of the same name and the adjoining hotel. Station, designed by architect Victor Laloux, was inaugurated on May 28 of the year one thousand nine hundred and became the world's first electrified railway station. However, by 1939, the movement of trains from this station has virtually stopped. During the stay of Georges Pompidou's presidency had the idea to convert the station into a museum. The museum was opened in 1986. The exhibition of the museum is located on five levels. All forms of art (painting, sculpture, architecture, furniture, film, photography, music, artwork opera), presented in chronological order. Musee d'Orsay, thus fills the gap of time between the collection of the Louvre museum and the Museum of Modern Art Centre Georges Pompidou. Musee d'Orsay is also a venue for plays and concerts. There is also hosts an annual festival dedicated to the origin of cinema. Visitors can regularly attend conferences and round tables, in particular those related to temporary exhibitions..
Concorde is a central area of Paris and an outstanding monument of town-planning of the Classical period. It is the largest square in Paris and the second largest area in France. It was divided between the Champs Elysees and the Tuileries garden palace commissioned by King Louis XV in 1755. In the middle area have established an equestrian statue of King Bushardona and Pigalle.. On the north side of the elegant buildings have been erected and the Ministry of Marine Hotel de Crillon. In seventeen hundred ninetieth year of the Seine was a bridge of Concord, which rests on the opposite side of the building of the National Assembly (formerly the Palais Bourbon). During the French Revolution here, surrounded by cheering crowds were beheaded King Louis XVI and Queen Marie-Antoinette. In those days it was called Revolution Square. Its present name in the square was a sign of reconciliation classes at the end of the revolutionary terror in 1795..
Elysee Palace - the residence of the President of the French Republic in Paris. Here there are also meetings of the Council of Ministers of France. In the gardens of the palace evening of the fourteenth of July (before Bastille Day) celebrations are held on the occasion of the French Republic.. In the Elysee Palace, the president receives foreign heads of state, an honor guard of the Republican Guard.. The building was constructed in 1722 for the Count of Evreux La Tour d'Auvergne family as a fashionable metropolitan mansion. After the death of Count in 1753 the building was purchased by Louis XV for Madame de Pompadour, which increased its area. After her death in 1764 Elysee Palace moved to distant relatives of the king.. Under Napoleon the First Palace was first used for the needs of the government. Here also lived Napoleon's sister Caroline Murat and his wife, the Empress Josephine. In 1816 it was purchased by Louis XVIII.. In 1848, the Élysée Palace became the official residence of the President of the Second Republic Louis Napoleon Bonaparte. In 1867, the Élysée Palace was rebuilt by order of the emperor architect Lacroix, and since that time his appearance has not changed..
Champs Elysees - one of the main thoroughfares of Paris and one of the most beautiful roads in the world. It stretches from the Place de la Concorde to the Arc de Triomphe. Trunk length 1,915 meters. This is one of the most popular attractions of Paris. Champs Elysees can be divided into two zones: the park and shopping. Place de la Concorde to the round area on both sides of the avenue stretches pleasure park 700 meters long and 400 meters wide. Next, the Champs-Elysées continues to the west, where this so-called magazine part, focused banks, offices, airlines, the exhibition showcases cars, movie theaters, many restaurants and various shops, known around the world.. The first documentary mention of this area date back to the seventeenth century.. In 1616 at the direction of Marie de Medici as a continuation of the Tuileries Gardens here was paved boulevard Queen. Later, on the orders of Louis XIV of 24 August 1667 on the construction of the road from the castle of Versailles to the Tuileries castle here was arranged walking area, which continued the Tuileries Gardens. This road was originally stretched to the present area of Rhone-Puen, but in the eighteenth century, the director of the palace gardens Duke Dante was decided to continue it up to the hill of Chaillot, and later, when his successor, the Marquis de Marigny - the bridge of Neuilly. Co the French Revolution, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-ninth year line is the modern name - Champs Elysees..
Place Charles de Gaulle (formerly Square Stars) - one of the busiest areas of the French capital.. The appearance of the area did not appear in any urban development project, but the construction of the palace of the Tuileries Gardens and the eponymous demanded registration of a residence worthy of kings. So well-known seventeenth-century landscape architect André Le Nôtre paved avenue (now the famous Champs-Elysées), which ended with a round area, and from it in different directions diverged five roads, so it got its original name Star Square.. The final form of the area acquired in 1854 when on a plan of the prefect of Paris of Baron Haussmann to five streets converge here, it added seven. All the avenues leading to the Arc de Triomphe, named in honor of the marshals of France, or in honor of the victories of the French arms. The most famous of them - the Champs Elysees, which connects the Etoile and Concorde.. Center of the square is the famous Arc de Triomphe, built in 1836 by architect Jean Shalgrenom by order of Napoleon, the first to commemorate the victories of his Grande Armée. On the walls are engraved the names of the arch hundred twenty-eight battles, won the republican and imperial armies, as well as the names of five hundred fifty-eight French generals. Arch surround the 100 granite pedestals in honor of the "hundred days" of Napoleon, connected by a cast-iron chains. Inside the arch is a small museum dedicated to the history of its construction and the ceremonies that took place under it. At the bottom of the arch is the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and upstairs - observation deck. Since 1923, under the arch of the eternal flame. Every year on July fourteenth Etoile French President takes military parade. To the arch can be accessed only by underground passages because of heavy traffic, in addition there are no traffic lights and road signs..
Trocadero Located on the highest point of the hill the Trocadero, named in honor of the victory of the French troops in the siege of Spanish Fort Trocadero in 1823. In the center of the square stands a statue of Marshal Foch, numerous sculptures and fountains of Paris, the biggest. On the area of the Palace of Chaillot, built in 1937 on the site of the palace stood here before the Trocadero. The palace is a two huge pavilion diverging arcs in both directions. Between the pavilions on the premises, with the best view of the Eiffel Tower. The Palais de Chaillot housed several museums: the Museum of Man, the Maritime Museum and the Museum of Cinema.. In the eastern part of the park Trocadero underground "Aquarium du Trocadero," which are almost all kinds of fish inhabiting rivers in France..
Eiffel Tower - the most recognizable architectural landmark of Paris, world famous as a symbol of France, named after its designer Gustave Eiffel. It is the most visited and most photographed attraction in the world. This symbol of Paris was conceived as a temporary structure. The tower served as the entrance arch of the Paris World's Fair one thousand eight hundred and eighty-ninth year, organized to commemorate the centenary of the French Revolution. Since 1957, here is the TV tower. Besides her, the Eiffel Tower has more than tens of linear and parabolic antennas, carrying various relaying radio and television programs.. For over forty years, the Eiffel Tower was the highest building in the world, almost twice higher than the tallest buildings in the world at the time - the pyramid of Cheops, Cologne and Ulm Cathedral - until nineteen hundred thirtieth year it surpassed the Chrysler Building in New York City .
Nursing home is an architectural monument of Paris, whose construction was ordered by Louis XIV in the sixteen hundred seventieth year in recognition of distinguished military veterans and disabled veterans. It was one of the first (if not the first) nursing home in Europe.. Les Invalides is a complex of buildings in the vast territory of thirteen hectares, including a shelter for people with disabilities and the Cathedral of St. Louis. In the cathedral lie the remains of Napoleon Bonaparte - in six coffins, which are stacked in each other and are made of different materials. It is guarded by two bronze figure holding a scepter, imperial crown and orb. Dvennadtsat statues surround the tomb of Jean-Jacques Pradier, dedicated to Napoleon's victories.. Today, Les Invalides still accepting people with disabilities, and there are several museums and the necropolis of the military..
The Grand Palace - a magnificent architectural structure in the Beaux-Arts, known as a major cultural and exhibition center. It was built in Paris in 1897 for the World Expo was held from April 15 to November 12, one thousand nine hundred years old, standing here on the site of the Palace of early industry. In 1925, the Grand Palace was one of the sites of the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts.. Today, part of the north wing of the palace is Art Gallery. The west wing devoted to the Museum of Discovery and Invention..
Small Palace is a former Fair held in Paris in the year one thousand nine hundred World Expo. Now it houses the Municipal Museum of Fine Arts, which includes a collection of Greek, Roman and Egyptian art, medieval and Renaissance. The museum has collections of books and enamels, paintings by Dutch and Flemish masters of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, a collection of furniture and tapestries of the eighteenth century, as well as paintings by French artists of the nineteenth century, including works by Delacroix and Cezanne..
Madeleine church - the Church of St. Mary Magdalene is located in the eponymous square inscribed in a larger ensemble Concorde. The history of the construction of the church lasted for 85 years because of political unrest in France in the late eighteenth - early nineteenth centuries. Construction began under the direction of architect Contant d'Ivri under Louis the Fifteenth, who personally laid the first stone of the future church. The original design of the church was a cross-shaped structure with a dome. After the death of d'Ivri continued Couture, who offered to take a sample of the Pantheon. In seventeen hundred ninetieth year of construction was suspended due to disagreement over the appointment of the building. In 1806, Napoleon commissioned the architect Vignon to build the hall of fame of the Imperial Grand Army. Everything that has been built before, was demolished. In 1814, Louis XVIII wanted to erect the church building became a memory of Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette. In 1837, the city administration planned to turn the building into the station first passenger railway linking Paris and SenZhermen, but these plans were not destined to come true. In 1842, the church was completed and consecrated..
Versailles - Europe's largest palace and park complex, located in the same city, a suburb of Paris. From 1682 to 1789 years before the French Revolution, Versailles was the official royal residence. The palace was built under the direction of "Sun King" - Louis XIV, since 1661. History of the Palace of Versailles begins in 1623, when the father of Louis XIV - Louis XIII built a modest but cozy, hunting pavilion. Subsequently, in this place, in the woods, rose castle - made of stone, brick and slate. Since 1661, "Sun King" began to expand the palace to use it as their permanent residence. He turned it into the largest palace in Europe, where they could simultaneously accommodate 20 thousand people. Ten years later, the palace came a magnificent park. In 1801 Versailles received the status of a museum and opened to the public. In 1979, the Palace of Versailles and the park were included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. in 1837 at the Royal Palace Museum opened the history of France. From Versailles linked to many important historical events. In the XVIII century, the palace became a place of signing of many international treaties. In 1789 worked here in the Constituent Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of Man. And in 1871, after France's defeat in the Franco- Prussian War, the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace, proclaimed the establishment of the German Empire. Here in 1919 the Treaty of Versailles was signed and proclaimed the end of the First World War. The entire facade of the palace from the garden occupies a large Mirror Gallery - Gallery of Louis XIV, which his paintings, mirrors and columns impresses. Also noteworthy as it battles Gallery, the palace chapel and the Royal Opera House. Main entrance to the palace gates are of iron, decorated with gold lattice, which is crowned with the royal coat of arms and crown. In the northern wing of the palace housed King Large apartment, divided into seven saloons, and in the south - chambers of first ladies. Park Versailles Palace - one of the largest in Europe. It consists of many terraces that drop as the distance from the palace, and is decorated with fountains and numerous sculptures.
Bastille is located in Paris, owes its name to the Bastille, which was in its place from the 14th century and destroyed during the French Revolution. The fortress was built by order of King Charles V to protect Paris from invasion and was a massive structure having a wall thickness of four meters and eight towers 22 meters high. Later, it was transformed into a prison. For the conclusion of the Bastille did not need a court decision - it was enough to seal a letter with the king. In the Bastille contained mostly political prisoners and religious prisoners and young rake, honed in prison at the request of their families. The most famous prisoner of the Bastille Voltaire. He sat there twice, and next door to the Marquis de Sade. The prisoners were kept in 5-7 story towers, decorated with various items of furniture. Conditions of detention in the Bastille were not the worst. In July 14, 1789 at the beginning of the French Revolution, the fortress was taken revolutionary-minded people and for three years was completely dismantled. Today we can see the outlines laid out on the pavement of the square in a contrasting color. Bastille, since 1860, is now celebrated as a national holiday. The very same area of the Bastille was created in 1803. In 1808, Napoleon as part of its redevelopment project Paris, decided to erect a giant fountain in the square in the form of an elephant, perpetuating their victory. The elephant had to be made of bronze cannons captured from the Spaniards. As a result, the finished pedestal was raised only a plaster life-size model, which is immortalized in Victor Hugo 's novel "Les Miserables". In 1846, the monument was demolished. Today, in the center of the square stands the July Column, erected by the decision of Louis-Philippe I to commemorate the events of the July Revolution of 1830. Its grand opening was held in 1840. The column is also a memorial. At its base is arranged crypt where the remains of the fallen during the revolutions. Alongside the column rises Opera Bastille - the largest and most modern opera house in Paris. Prior to 1984, in its place was a railway station Bastille. Today, the area often held concerts, fairs, and various public events, including political and trade union demonstration. Parisian youth gather here in the many cafes, restaurants and nightclubs. And every year on July 14 are held in the largest Parisian ball.
Cite island - one of the two islands of the River Seine, the historical heart of Paris. The island is one of the oldest parts of the city. The first settlements appeared here in the 3rd century BC. These were the Parisii tribes, from the name which gave the name of the French capital. With XI to XIV century on the island of the residence of the French kings. The island is connected with the city and the neighboring island of St. Louis nine bridges. There is a large part of the famous landmarks of Paris, included in the top ten historical monuments of the French capital, including Notre Dame Cathedral, the former royal chapel of Sainte-Chapelle, Paris famous prison of the Conciergerie, where there is a museum, the Palace of Justice, the oldest hospital in Paris - Hotel - Dieu and deportation Memorial, the Bird and the oldest flower markets.
"Moulin Rouge" - the famous classic cabaret in Paris, one of his most famous attractions. It opened its doors on October 6, 1889 to the day of the World Expo. Located on the Boulevard de Clichy cabaret in the red light district near the Place Pigalle. Title theater gave a fake red windmill created decorator Leon - Adolphe Villette and mounted on its roof. "Moulin Rouge" is known for the fact that it was first performed here, the world-famous French cancan dance. It is here that the audience first beheld the music of Offenbach tantalizing movements of dancers with soaring up skirts, drew her legs in stockings. Furthermore, in this institution in 1893 was the first time in the history of executed striptease. Throughout its history of Parisian cabaret gathered in the hall of representatives of various social groups : aristocrats, intellectuals, artists, among them Oscar Wilde, Picasso, and even members of the royal family. In 1937, the "Moulin Rouge" partially converted into a modern night club, entertainment program which, in addition to the famous cancan were provided various entertainment, attractions, tricks, and dancing. In 1964, cabaret was built a huge aquarium in which swam nude dancer. Moulin Rouge on stage were many celebrities XX century. Here began his career as Jean Gabin, were Maurice Chevalier, Ella Fitzgerald, Edith Piaf, Yves Montand, Frank Sinatra, Liza Minnelli, Elton John and others. Now "Moulin Rouge" is one of the symbols of Paris and one of the business cards of France. At the moment the audience is invited presentation entitled "Extravaganza", recognized the most successful program for " Moulin Rouge." The show involved the best dancers, acrobats, jugglers and clowns, about 1,000 costumes and luxurious decoration.
Sacre Coeur - one of the most famous symbols of Paris. It is located at the highest point of the city - on top of the Montmartre hill and is visible from almost anywhere in Paris. Basilica named after the Catholic feast of the Sacred Heart of Christ and dedicated to the memory of victims of the Franco-Prussian War. His creation of the temple shall Lezhanti Alexander and Hubert de Fleury. Deciding that befell the French hardships, and above all the defeat of France in the Franco- Prussian War and the defeat of the Paris Commune, were sent to the French for their worldly sins, they made a vow to build a temple that would redeem all sins. This idea was endorsed Archbishop Guibert of Paris, who chose the site for the temple on top of the Montmartre hill, where once met his death the first bishop of Paris St. Dionysius. Construction of the basilica began in 1875, but soon the works were suspended in order to strengthen the soil hill pitted ancient Roman quarries. Construction ended only in 1914, and in 1919 the basilica was consecrated. For the construction of the basilica was chosen stone produced in the town of Château-Landon, near Paris, which in contact with water is covered with white bloom, and that he Sacre Coeur owes its unusually white. Form domes of Sacre Coeur Basilica silhouette repeats XII century Saint-Front in Perigueux in the south of France. Height of the main dome is 83 meters and the height of the bell tower - about 100 meters. One of the bells of the Basilica - "Savoyard", cast in 1895, weighs 19 tons and is the largest in Paris and one of the toughest in the world. Inside the basilica is decorated with stained-glass windows and mosaics on the theme of "Reverence France before the heart of the Lord", made in the years 1912-1922 by the artist Luc -Olivier Merson. In the crypt of the church represented the church relics and there is a statue of Christ with a flaming heart. The main entrance of the cathedral is decorated with bronze statues of King Louis IX and St. Joan of Arc. On the dome of the Basilica, where the observation deck offers stunning views of Paris and its surroundings for a few tens of kilometers around. From a platform in front of the Sacre Coeur can also admire the panorama of the city. To climb to the top of Montmartre, where the Sacre Coeur, you can use the cable car or climb the wide multi-tiered ladder.
Famous catacombs of Paris - a network of winding underground tunnels and caves that stretch beneath the city. The official name of the catacombs - " Municipal ossuaries." Their length on different data ranges from 187 to 300 kilometers. Here lie the remains of nearly six million people. This network of tunnels appeared in 1180 under King Philip Augustus. There were ancient quarries where locals mined materials to build the city. In the XVIII century catacombs turned into a huge underground cemetery. Then the ground were left with several million skeletons Innocents cemetery, located in the city center, near the church of Saint- Eustache. Since the middle of the XVIII century the cemetery became the burial place of two million bodies, leaving a layer of burial depth sometimes 10 meters, and the ground level was raised by more than two meters. In one grave at different levels could be up to 1500 remains. Cemetery became a hotbed of infection, and emitting a stench because of which, it was said, to turn sour milk and wine. In 1780, the wall separating the cemetery of the Innocents houses on the next street, collapsed and basements of nearby houses were filled with the remains of the dead. Paris authorities decided to close the cemetery. Within 15 months, every night convoys took out bones from the cemetery, then to disinfect them, process and put in an abandoned quarry at a depth of 20 meters. Later it was decided to clear another 17 300 cemeteries and places of worship of the city. Unidentified remains were buried together, workers stacked them in the form of walls and the former dungeons become a local landmark. Skull and large bones formed a decor that accompanies the visitor all the way through this burial. Catacomb walls are covered with various patterns and inscriptions dating back to the XVIII century and later centuries. In the catacombs were buried many famous French : Danton, Colbert, Marat, Robespierre, Nicolas Fouquet, Lavoisier, Pascal Perrault, Rabelais, Racine. Entrance to the famous Parisian catacombs through a small pavilion, located near the entrance to the metro station Denfert Rochereau.
Castles of the Loire Valley are architectural structures, located in the Loire Valley, near Paris, in three ancient provinces Orleans, Touraine, Anjou and northern Berry. Most of them were built in the Middle Ages, but much later rebuilt in the Renaissance, when the French kings lived on the banks of the Loire and its tributaries. Under the Loire castles and involve a number of other historic buildings located in the basin of the river, and once belonged to the aristocratic families. Traditionally, the Loire castles include Palace 42, although the total number is 300. Most famous of them : Chambord, Amboise, Chenonceau and Cheverny, Chaumont -sur-Loire, Saumur. Chambord castle is striking not only for its value ( in the castle - 440 rooms and 365 fireplaces ), but innovation and architecture. Initially, it was a castle for hunting, which will Francis I was turned into one of the finest Renaissance buildings. It is believed that the first draft of its building designed by Leonardo da Vinci himself. Castle - Castle of Amboise played a significant role in the history of France. It was built by Charles VIII and his wife Anne of Brittany. Castle occupies a prime location on a high plateau above the Loire, which made it inaccessible to the enemy strategically. In the chapel of the castle houses the remains of Leonardo da Vinci, who came to France at the invitation of the French king Francis I and spent the rest of his days in the nearby village of Clos Lucé. Chenonceau Castle - one of the most beautiful castles in the XVII century. This magnificent building on the water at the first sight of it is breathtaking. It is the second most visited, after Versailles, France and the main castle - in the Loire Valley. It is also called a woman as well as its construction and prosperity he owes exclusively to women. His name is linked destinies of famous women of France, Catherine de Medici, Diane de Poitiers, Louise Lorraine. In 1547 Henry II gave Chenonceau to his favorite Diana, thanks to which the lock and preserved to this day. Cheverny Castle is privately owned. In the XVII century the family owns de vibro. Part of the castle was turned into a museum where you can see numerous sculptures, armor, antique furniture and trophies belonging to the ancestors of the present owner.
Conciergerie - a former royal palace and prison, located on the Ile de la Cité. He is part of the Palace of Justice, which are municipal services, court and prosecutor's office. The palace was built in the VI century by the king of the Franks of Clovis and Paris for the first time became the official royal residence. In the era of the Carolingian Empire Center has moved to the east and monarchs abandoned palace. At the end of the tenth century, Hugh Capet, the first Capetian king, places in the palace council and administration. Thus, the castle once again became the residence of the French kings, and the capital of France - Paris. For four centuries Capet worked to transform their own fortress. Palace being completed, and strengthened, expanded, and the 13th century was the real center of power. And in the reign of Philip IV the Fair, he becomes one of the most luxurious palaces in Europe. In the middle of the XIV century, the Conciergerie ceases to be a royal residence. After a popular uprising, King Charles V the Wise moved to the Palace of Saint-Paul, and the building is occupied by the Parliament of the Conciergerie, the Chamber and the royal council. Since 1391 it also housed a prison, received the status of one of the most severe. During the French Revolution around 3000 convicts held in this building his last days, after which they were beheaded on Place de la Concorde, including Louis XVI and his wife Marie- Antoinette and Charlotte Corday, sentenced to death for the murder of Marat. Among prison inmates were also one of the leaders of the revolutionary movement of Maximilien Robespierre, the poet Andre Chenier Marie, writer Emile Zola, dancer and spy Mata Hari and many others. Manage the building and follow the order had the concierge who had numerous privileges and wielded great power, while the concierge had to live in the palace, which from that moment and began to call the Conciergerie. In the XIX century the Conciergerie prison closed and was given the status of a historical monument. Today the Palace is an architectural ensemble with diverse elements built between XIII to XX century. Since the time of Capet survived to our days two buildings : the royal chapel Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie. Both of these are architectural monuments and museums. Here you can visit the gallery of prisoners, which recreated the camera that era, see recreated prison Marie Antoinette ( her real camera at the request of Louis XVIII was converted into a chapel ). In addition, there are exhibits relating to the French Revolution.
Centre Georges Pompidou, named after the former French President Georges Pompidou, represents a huge cultural center. He is the third most visited cultural attraction in France after the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. Its official opening was held on 31 January 1977 by the then French President Valery Giscard d'Estenom. The center is devoted to the study and support of contemporary art and the art of XX century in its various manifestations. Here is located the world famous Museum of Modern Art, public information library, concert and exhibition halls, and the Institute for Research and Coordination of Acoustics and Music. The museum stores permanent art collection, consisting of more than 1,300 works of acknowledged masters of the 20th century, as Kandinsky, Picasso, Modigliani, Matisse, Miro. The Centre Pompidou during its existence were organized exhibitions most significant artists of the XX century - from Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, Robert Rauschenberg to Lucian Freud, Joan Miró, Hergé, Miroslav Pacific and many others. The building of the Centre Pompidou is one of the most impressive buildings of the XX century. The newspaper "New York Times" in 2007, wrote that the design of the Centre " turned the architecture world upside down." The building has a huge size and covers an area of 2 hectares, the area of the interior is more than 100 000 m ². To release the maximum usable space, the architects decided to place the center of all the technical structures of the building from the outside, having painted them in different colors. Reinforcing connections painted white, ventilation pipes - blue water - green, electric cable - yellow and escalators and elevators - red. On the top floor of the Pompidou Center is the perfect viewing platform, which offers stunning views of Paris. Area in front of the Pompidou museum known performances of street artists - mimes and jugglers. Spring is here are mini- carnival with a huge variety of participants.
Opera Bastille - a modern opera house in Paris, part of the socio- business " Paris National Opera." It was built to complement not cope with the demands of a large audience Palais Garnier. The decision to build was made in 1982. Place built chose former Bastilsky station serves the city from 1859 to 1969, is located between Lyon and Sharantonskoy streets from the Place de la Bastille. In 1984 he began dismantling Bastilskogo station, served after its closing platform for various exhibitions. Opera officially opened July 13, 1989 - the two hundredth anniversary in the Bastille. But the theater is constantly earned only from 17 March 1990, putting an opera by Berlioz ' Les Troyens. " Bastille Opera is one of the most beautiful modern opera houses. The theater building - ultra-modern and gigantic in size that can accommodate 2723 spectators. It is made mostly of blue-gray glass and especially beautiful at night when lit from within. Opera staging open for public review on the outside. The theater has a complex system of mobile platforms and automated controls - can be simultaneously ready nine scenes, necessarily able to quickly change each other and switch from one show to another during the day, alternating performances.
Place Vendome, formerly of Louis the Great Square - one of the five "Royal Square" in Paris. It is located in the first municipal district of Paris, near the Opéra. Area was created in 1699 in honor of the Great Monarch Lyudovika XIV. Its current name she received from Cesar de Vendome Palace. In the center of Place Vendome installed 44 -meter Vendome column with a statue of Napoleon at the top, made on the model of the Roman Trajan's Column. It was established by Napoleon in 1806 to commemorate the victory at the Battle of Austerlitz. WRAPPED bronze spiral column, which shows the battle scene was made from captured in battle Austrian and Russian guns. In the western area of the house number 15 is established in 1898 Cesar Ritsem one of the most luxurious hotels in Paris - "Hotel Ritz". Since 1979 it belongs to the Egyptian billionaire Mohamed Al Fayed, father of the deceased, along with Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed. It was from the hotel "Ritz" left Mercedes Fayed on the night of the accident under the square dAlmè. Among the celebrities who stayed at the hotel "Ritz" - Contessa di Castiglione and Coco Chanel, who lived here for the last 37 years of his life, as well as Ernest Hemingway, Charlie Chaplin, Marcel Proust others. In house number 12, located in Piazza spent his last days and died in 1849, Frederic Chopin. In the same building, Napoleon III met his future wife, Eugenia. The house number 21 since 1934 was the fashion house of Elsa Schiaparelli. Wealthy residents of the Place Vendome, lives in the house number 11, was a stockbroker Poisson, a prisoner in the Bastille for dishonest transaction. He gained his freedom by giving his mansion authorities, and to this day is the Ministry of Justice and the Office of France. On the facade of the building you can see the marble plate indicating meter standard. Standard was established in 1795 to Parisians have learned to use the new measure of length. A home owner number 8 was the brother of Madame de Pompadour. Today in the Place Vendome are many boutiques, including jewelry, including headquarters Chanel, Cartier boutique, Byulgari and others.
Vincennes Zoo - one of the most beautiful not only in France but throughout Europe. It is located on the territory of the Bois de Vincennes - the largest green area of Paris, who was once the hunting grounds and entertainment Parisian nobility. The zoo is part of the National Museum of Natural History in Paris, which also includes the Botanical Garden and Museum of Ethnography. It was organized by the Colonial Exhibition in 1931 as a temporary exhibition of exotic animals. However, the success was so great that it was decided to establish a permanent zoo, which was opened three years later - in 1934. Vincennes Zoo was established by the type of the Hamburg Zoo "Hagenbeks Tierpark" mimic the natural habitat of the animals that were kept in cages not. Even for dangerous predators iron bars were replaced by moats. The total area of the zoo is 15 acres. It is divided into five biozones : Patagonia, the Sahel - Sudan, Europe, Guyana and Madagascar. In the zoo, you can see more than 1,000 animals, including 74 species of different birds, 42 species of mammals, 21 species of reptiles and 15 species of fish. Traditionally, the zoo you can see lions, among which are the mountain lion - cougar, monkeys, giraffes, zebras, hippos, parrots, snakes and other animals. The pride of the zoo is a flock of pink flamingos that behave like mannequins on the catwalk. The main attraction of the Paris Zoo - 65 -meter cliff habitat Employee whole herd of mountain sheep and goats. At the top is an observation deck from which you can not only watch the animals, but also enjoy beautiful views of the park and the Bois de Vincennes in Paris. In addition, the zoo has a unique dark pavilion for observing the life of nocturnal animals, especially bats. Also at the zoo are a couple of ponds and a small railroad, designed to transport visitors.
Boulevard des Capucines is one of the so-called Grands Boulevards of Paris boulevards along with Madeleine, Montmartre and the Boulevard of the Italians. Boulevard stretching only 440 meters was laid in 1685 and named in honor of the convent, which was located in his place until the French Revolution. Boulevard des Capucines is widely known thanks to the bourgeois and bohemian atmosphere that prevailed here in XVIII-XIX centuries. In addition, this street has gone down in history and by the fact that in 1895 in the house number 14 took the world's first mass film session. Lumiere brothers showed the public 10 short films on the big screen, among which was the world's first comedy " soft blossom waterer." Then dwelt on the boulevard 's beau monde in the house number 8 cores composer Offenbach, music hall star Mistranslating - in the house number 24. The house number 35 was located photographer Nadar's studio, where in 1874 the first exhibition of more obscure young impressionists - Renoir, Manet, Pissarro and Monet. Here exhibited famous painting by Claude Monet - "Boulevard Capucines", which is now in the Pushkin Museum in Moscow. The house number 43 in the XIX century was the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France, where every day he went to work Henri Beyle, better known to us as Stendhal. House number 2 - Former "Hotel Montmorency,"which in 1869 was located in Paris Theatre" Vaudeville ", and now the film company Paramount Opera " hubbub."And in the house number 28 is a concert hall"Olympia" - the oldest of the existing concert halls Parizha and one of the most popular in the world. There were Edith Piaf and Maurice Chevalier.
Aquaboulevard in Paris - Europe's largest water park. Its total area is 7,000 square meters. It was built in 1989 in the heart of France, and is a four-storey complex, within which there are several beaches located outdoors and under a glass roof, and a huge number of all kinds of water activities and attractions. Fountains, pools with artificial waves and sand or pebble beaches, geysers, large and small slides and waterfalls - all presented in the waterpark. Make the stay fun and memorable to help as a sauna, jacuzzi and solarium. You can also go to the gym or visit the sports shops, go to the cinema or enjoy a quiet moment in the garden of exotic plants. Optionally, you can also play squash, bowling, mini - golf or tennis. The main highlight of the water park is a 30 -foot model of a blue whale, the idea of which belongs to Jacques - Yves Cousteau. Young visitors can climb inside a whale and examine its internal organs, and then go down the hill in a shallow pool.