Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek Museum - a museum of ancient and modern art, founded in the nineteenth century, a connoisseur of art, famous philanthropist and brewer, founder of the brewery "Carlsberg" Carl Jacobsen. He and his wife a long time to collect works of Danish and French painters and sculptors, as well as ancient cultural values of the Mediterranean peoples. All this expensive collection Jacobs gave the city, built for her own money on a huge red building with a large dome, in front of the obelisk and a beautiful winter garden. The museum's collection includes more than ten thousand items, among them - the sculpture of Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, masterpieces by Renoir and Cezanne, Van Gogh and Picasso, Monet and Gauguin, Etruscan jewelry, Orthodox icons, as well as one of the largest collections in the world works by the French sculptor Rodin. In addition to the amazing collection of international work presented here is also Danish artists.
Copenhagen City Hall - one of the most prominent buildings of the historic city center. It is located in the Town Square, which is the center of various events, activities and demonstrations in the city. In the Town Hall sits the city administration and hosts a variety of celebrations, including the wedding ceremony, exhibitions and entrance fee. The building was built in 1905 by architect Martin Nyuropa. The construction is decorated with a golden statue of the founder of Copenhagen - Bishop Absalon on the facade and large chimes, which beat every day at noon. City Hall - one of the tallest buildings in Copenhagen. Its height of the tower is more than one hundred and five meters, rising to the top where you can see a spectacular view of the city. The largest room in the building of the Town Hall - Main Hall, which is used as a venue for major events, concerts, exhibitions, and during the election becomes a polling station. And one of the most interesting rooms of the building is a room on the ground floor with the famous astronomical clock Jens Olsen. They were made in 1955, consists of more than fifteen thousand parts and show the exact time so that the error may be coming up in half a second for only three years. For hours Olsen can see the current date, day of week, month and year, the planets, sunrise and sunset times, the length of day and night, moon phases and dates of all Christian holidays, and see a map of the sky over Denmark.
Tivoli Gardens - one of the oldest parks in Denmark and one of the world's most famous amusement parks. The park is one of the most visited in Scandinavia and the third most visited in Europe, behind Disneyland Paris and German Europe Park. It was founded by the Danish officer Georg Carstensen and opened to visitors in 1843. Tivoli covers an area the size eighty-two thousand square meters and attracts up to four million visitors a year. In the park there are 26 rides during the summer months and 29 rides during Halloween and Christmas, the most popular of which is the world-renowned "American" hill on which the train is moving at a speed of 80 kilometers per hour. There in the park and a theater mime, and a luxury boutique hotel, the architecture reminiscent of the Taj Mahal. Alleys Tivoli Gardens located cheerfully painted stalls selling small gifts and souvenirs. Park surprises with its joy, brightness and variety.
Tycho Brahe Planetarium in Copenhagen - the most unusual and tech planetarium in the world, a true paradise for those who are interested in astronomy and natural history. It was built in 1988 by Danish architect Knud Munk on one of the largest artificial lakes in Copenhagen. Complex named after the famous Danish astronomer and alchemist of the sixteenth century, Tycho Brahe, without a telescope, discovered a new star in the constellation Cassiopeia. Planetarium engraved on the floor of his motto in Latin: "Do not think, and be." Inside is a museum where you can not only learn a lot about the stars and planets, but also see them in telescopes. The main attraction of the planetarium - the latest generation of cinema I-Max with the largest screen area of one thousand square feet, which are shown every hour on the non-fiction movies about space, stars and planets, as well as the mysteries of earthly nature. But this exclusive - a demonstration of the starry sky.
Brewery "Carlsberg" - one of the main attractions of Copenhagen. Famous throughout the world today brewery was opened in 1847 by the son of the royal brewer, Danish entrepreneur Christiaan Jacob Jacobsen, who named the company after his son Carl. Being inspired Bavarian beer, Jacobsen added to the name of the German word "Berg" - and so was born the name Carlsberg. In 1882, Charles broke away from the family business and started his own company. And in 1906, 19 years after the death of his elder Jacobsen, two breweries merged into one company, has received recognition throughout Europe. Brewers distinguished not only by the fact that we have created one of the most popular brands in the world, but the fact that huge amounts of money invested in the development of the Danish culture. Jacobsen financed reconstruction of the royal palace, at their expense in Copenhagen was built a botanical garden and glipoteka. Brewers deal thrives today. The legendary factory offers tours, during which you can get acquainted with the technology of production of beer, look into the cellar, see an exposition of bottles and labels, among which there are bottles and pre-war Nazi swastika. Here are stored steam engines and boilers, where the beer was brewed in the nineteenth century. For visitors convenience store and a bar, where you can exchange the vouchers at the entrance to the beer.
The Royal Library - The National Library of Denmark is one of the largest libraries in Scandinavia and in the world. It contains many historical documents. All the works were printed in Denmark since the seventeenth century, are stored in its funds. The library was established around 1648 by King Frederick the Third based on the extensive collection of European works. Public access to the Library was opened in 1793. In 1989, the royal library funds were merged with the University of Copenhagen library funds, and in 2005 - with the funds of the Danish National Library of natural science and medicine. Today the library owns four buildings : three buildings, University of Copenhagen and the main building on the island Slotskholmen. Oldest building on the island was built in Slotskholmen 1906. It is a replica of the chapel in the residence of Charlemagne in Aachen. The building is surrounded by a wonderful little park. In the park there is a monument to the Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard and a pond with a fountain in the form of high snaking columns, in which the fish swim. In 1999 the new building was constructed adjacent to the old. It has a diamond shape and is made of black granite and glass for which owes its name to "Black Diamond". This classic building with huge reading rooms and high ceilings. Here are kept the original manuscripts by Hans Christian Andersen. In addition, the library building is the National Museum of Photography, which presented twenty-five thousand photos since 1839 and the present day.
Christiansborg Castle - one of the main attractions of Copenhagen. It is located on the site of an ancient fortress of the twelfth century at the Royal Island Slotskholmen. Island was the result of digging a channel that separated the peninsula in the sea bay from the rest of the land. The total length of the channels surrounding the palace is about two kilometers. Through them to throw eight bridges connecting the city Christiansborg Palace. The very first castle here was built in 1167 under Bishop Absalon - the founder of Copenhagen. However, in 1249 his army burned Luebeck, with which the people of Denmark led a trade war. Refurbished eventually became known as the Copenhagen castle, however, and it was burned in 1369. This time it was the forces of the Hanseatic League. In 1730, King Christian Sixth decided to build a new castle on the site of the ruins of the previous two, this inviting architect Elias David Heusera. The castle stood until 1794 when it destroyed a large fire. Thereafter, the role of the royal residence Amalienborg Palace began to perform. A little later the royal family wished to restore the castle, inviting for this architect Hansen. And in 1803 began construction of a new castle Christiansborg in the style of French classicism. Fully erected, he was by 1828, however, the king did not want to live in a castle and used it only for receptions. In 1849 the building was transferred to the Danish Parliament and in its custody to this day. In 1884, Christiansborg Castle burnt down again. Author of the latest version of the castle became the architect Thorvald Yogenson. Modern Christiansborg was built from 1907 to 1928 in style neoborokko. The finishing touch was the installation in the courtyard of an equestrian statue of Christian Ninth. During the construction of the castle were excavated Christiansborg castle ruins of Bishop Absalon, and Copenhagen Castle. Exhibition dedicated to these ruins, was opened in 1924 to visit. Today, the castle is located Christiansborg royal residence with reception and living apartments, in which the activities are carried out and techniques of national importance, as well as the Danish Parliament - the Folketing, the Office of the Prime Minister and the Supreme Court. The rest of the palace is open to the public. Here you can see the royal reception rooms with luxurious interiors, paintings and sculptures, room with colorful tapestries donated by the current Queen Margrethe country local businessmen. The most remarkable decoration of the palace - a balcony from which solemnly announce the names of new monarchs of Denmark. You can visit the palace chapel, which still baptize and marry royals, court theater, royal stables and library, visit the royal museum of "Arsenal", which has a collection of firearms, carriages and vintage clothing, as well as walk in the park with monuments and fountains. And on days when there is no parliamentary sessions - look into working parliamentarians audience.
Equestrian statue of Bishop Absalon - a monument to a man, marking the beginning of the city of Copenhagen. Absalon priest, who lived in the twelfth century, served as an advisor and diplomat in the supreme power, and in his spare time, built forts and citadels. One of these forts was built Absalon just at the site of the current Danish capital - Copenhagen. The statue was installed in 1902 on the square near the church of St. Nicholas in honor of the 700th anniversary of the birth of Bishop. Its author was a disciple of the famous sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen - Wilhelm Bissen, who created the equestrian monument of Christian Ninth and sparkling gold figure at Absalon City Hall. Absalon is seated on a horse with an ax in his hands. On the pedestal bears the inscription : " The faithful and brave son of Denmark." Besides inscriptions adorn the pedestal floating herring symbolizing an important role of the port trade and navigation of Denmark in its formation as a state, as well as the coat of arms with a pink cross - the symbol of preaching activity Absalon.
Street Strøget - Europe's longest pedestrian zone of the type of almost two kilometers. She is one of the most popular places for walking and shopping in Copenhagen. There is a huge number of stores, from chic boutiques and huge shopping malls to small shops and stalls with trinkets. Strøget is surrounded by a maze of narrow streets and ancient squares where you can admire all kinds of architectural monuments, among which the Church of St. Nicholas, Church of Our Lady and the Town Hall. Here is Guinness World Records Museum, nearby - museum of erotica and the Copenhagen Centre for Contemporary Art. Center Strøget pedestrian zone - the area Amagertorv. Here is a fountain Stork, which is over 100 years old and is often used as a meeting place kopengagentsami. On Strøget can find street performers and jugglers, dine at one of the many restaurants located here with the Italian, Danish, German and Oriental cuisine. And if you find yourself in the area of Strøget at noon, you can meet a procession of royal guards going to the Amalienborg Palace - the residence of the Danish Queen, which happens every day solemn changing of the guard.
New Harbor - is a picturesque pier with many cafes, restaurants and bars, becoming the most popular place in Copenhagen in spring and autumn. Once, as befits Portside quarters, there was a lot of cereal institutions - especially for holidaymakers of sailors and fishermen, and now it is one of the most beautiful areas of the city, decorated with multi-colored houses of the seventeenth - eighteenth centuries. The oldest of them and still looking for their perfect three hundred years - number 9. A number of homes in the 18, 20 and 67 alternately lived popularly beloved storyteller Hans Christian Andersen. Parallel goes home the same tight range of high masts of old ships moored to the quay. A stretch along the stone pavement tables of cafes and restaurants, mainly fish, and small shops. The prices here are very high, because the place is very popular. Especially beautiful and crowded here in the evenings, when the glowing lights are reflected in dark water of the harbor.
St. Alban's Church - Anglican church is built in 1885. The foundation stone of the future church laid herself Princess of Wales Alexandra. Temple was dedicated in 1887 and named in honor of St. Alban the Martyr, who lived in England in the third century AD. The architectural style of the church - a typical English characteristic of the Victorian era, although the architect who built the temple, was a purebred Dane. The building turned out very beautiful and photogenic from any angle : highest bell tower in the Gothic spirit, lined snow-white limestone tiles, narrow arched windows, magnificent stained glass windows, patterned tiled floors and oak benches. At the entrance to the chapel is a monument to Princess Alexandra.
Gefion Fountain - one of the biggest and most beautiful fountains of Copenhagen, as well as one of the most visited attractions. He was presented to the city and a major world famous brewery "Carlsberg", in connection with the fiftieth anniversary of the company. The author of the project was the famous Danish architect Andreas Bungaard. The fountain was built in 1908 in a park near the remains Langelinie fortress Castellet and dedicated Scandinavian fertility goddess Gefion. According to legend, the Swedish king Gylfi promised to give the goddess as much land as she could plow per night. Gefion then turned her four sons born to the giant bulls and plowed into a vast territory from sea to sea. And when Gefion slapped his bulls, this huge piece of land broke away from the coast of Sweden, which led to the formation of the island of Zealand, and later became the territory of Denmark. And in its place creating Lake Vänern - the largest lake in Sweden, resembling a island Zealand. The fountain is a cascade of three tiers and decorated with large smooth boulders. In the center of the composition - the figure of the goddess, she pulled poganyal four bulls. Sculptural composition stands on several levels, decorated with stones of various sizes through which water, foaming cascade runs down. But it is especially nice fountain in the evening hours, when included special lighting, and a monument Gefion with fountain water surface gets a shade of pure and calm ocean.
Resistance Museum in Copenhagen, opened its doors to visitors in 1957. Its exposition tells about the origin and development of the Danish Resistance Movement - organized opposition to the German occupation of Denmark in the period from 1940 to 1945. Activists of the printed underground newspapers, were engaged in secret radio traffic with Great Britain, engaged in the organization of industrial sabotage and rail transport. In the exhibition halls of the museum presents numerous examples of illegal press and exhibits telling about the fate of the Danish Jews during the war. Here are kept photos of dead soldiers and archival documents, identity cards, samples of uniforms, letters and objects prisoners from concentration camps, and much more. Particularly noteworthy homemade weapons, improvised printing press, as well as police reports. Separate room is dedicated to the evacuation of Danish Jews who were transported to Sweden and resistance. There is in this museum and exhibition on the Danish cooperation with the Nazis during the war. Resistance is located next to the museum armored car designed participants Danish underground movement. This copy is one of the main exhibits.
State Museum of Art, or as it is called, Danish National Gallery is located in the park Anleg island in central Copenhagen. This is the main Museum of Fine Arts in Denmark. The main building of the museum in the Italian Renaissance style was built in 1896 by the decision of the Fourth King Christian. The authors of the project are two well-known Danish architect Wilhelm Dalerup and Moeller. In autumn 1998, a new wing was opened museum, built by architects Anna Maria and Mads Møller Indra. It is located in the park behind the old building and is connected with him covered with a glass gallery, which houses a collection of sculptures. The museum houses a splendid collection of Danish and international art, dating from the twelfth century to the present day. Her collection of paintings served as the basis for King Christian the Fourth. Here you can see the work of artists such as Mantegna, Titian, Tintoretto, Bruegel, Rubens, Rembrandt and Hals. Contemporary art collection includes works by Picasso, Braque, Léger, Matisse, Modigliani and Nolde. Widely paintings, sculptures, installations and other works of Danish authors. The museum has workshops for training and education of children who want to try yourself in the art of drawing and sculpting.
Rosenborg Palace - the former residence of the Danish kings, which was built by King Christian the Fourth in 1633. It is the only preserved unchanged, the palace of King Christian the Fourth. It was designed in part by the king as a royal summer residence in the Dutch Renaissance style. From 1838 Rosenborg open to visitors. It exhibits a rich collection of weapons, furniture, jewelry and ornaments of the Danish royal family, the royal collection of porcelain and silver. In the early eighteenth -century Rosenborg Castle was defeated Royal garden, vegetable garden, where grown herbs and vegetables for the royal table. Small portion of it survives to this day, and the rest green area has evolved into a large public park with shady avenues and ponds, lawns for children to play and picnic areas, carpets of red roses, marble statues and pavilions. At the time, the great storyteller Hans Christian Andersen loved to spend free time here and draw ideas for future stories. Today the Royal Gardens Rosenborg - one of the oldest and most popular parks of the Danish capital, attracting annually about two and a half million visitors a year.
Copenhagen Botanical Garden is a beautiful landscaped park located opposite the Rosenborg Castle and the adjacent Royal Garden. Founded in the sixteenth century and moved to the present location in 1870, the Botanical Garden takes about ten acres. It is part of " the Danish Museum of Natural History," which is subject to the University of Copenhagen and is used both for research and for the rest of the city residents. This is a true living museum has the largest collection of living plants in Denmark. Funds Botanical Garden of Copenhagen there are more than thirteen thousand species of flora from all over the world, among which orchids, pines, rhododendrons, palms, cacti. The oldest plant garden - taksodium 1806, transferred to the age of sixty years to a new location from the old botanical garden. Also features a garden and still one of the largest collections of herbaria and dried mushrooms from around the world, plants, algae. There is a geological museum with a collection of rocks, coral and frozen flies in amber, as well as - Zoological Museum, which displays stuffed birds, skeletons of animals and even humans. A historical museum can learn about the development of wildlife and its inhabitants. In the garden there is even a library with a huge number of books on botany. Among the greenery, statues and fountains in the Botanical Garden stands grandiose glass tiered palm greenhouse area three thousand square feet, built in 1874 on the initiative of Jacob Christian Jacobsen, the founder of "Carlsberg" and designed on the model of the Crystal Palace with the World Exhibition of 1851 in London.