Palace of Justice, Brussels
Poelaertplein, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Brussels Palace of Justice - the building of a state court in Belgium. It is the largest country Court of Justice. Currently, there is also the Belgian Chamber of cassation. The grand building was built in 1883 by architect Joseph Pularta, after whom the square was named the palace. Its construction began on the orders of King Leopold II and lasted 20 years. The palace has a huge size, for which the locals called it the "mammoth". At the time of construction it was the largest building in the world. This grand building occupies almost a quarter. For its construction in the area Marol Sablon demolished 3,000 homes. Building occupies a total area size of fifty two thousands square meters. Inner rooms is twenty-six thousand square meters. Height of the building, including the dome reaches one hundred forty-two meters. The largest hall of the Palace of the townspeople called "Hall of Lost Steps", as any man in this room feels grand negligibly small. In the Palace of Justice are 27 courtrooms and 245 small rooms for different purposes.