Krasiński Square 3, 00-207 Warsaw, Poland
Krasiński Palace, also known as the Palace of the Rzeczpospolita - this baroque palace, located on the Plaza Krasiński. It was built in 1683 for governors Plock Jan Dobrogosta Krasinski project Tilman van Gameren. Sculptures that adorn the palace were made by the German sculptor Andreas Schlüter. On the interior, in particular on the frescoes, hard court painter Michelangelo Palloni. Owner of the palace was a connoisseur and collector of art, so the interiors presented an impressive collection of works by Albrecht Dürer, Antonio da Correggio and Rubens. In 1765 the building was acquired by the State, it housed the Treasury Committee of the Commonwealth. After a fire in 1783 the palace was partially rebuilt in accordance with the project architect Domenico Merlini. Between the two world wars, was located here, the Supreme Court of Poland. During the Second World War the palace was burned. Later, it was restored and today it is part of the National Library of Poland, where there is a special collector's department of manuscripts and old prints of the Zaluski Library. Garden is located near the palace Krasiński available to the public since 1768. Also the oldest specimen trees dating from the late nineteenth century, in the western part of the park, by the former street Nalevki partially preserved to our days Baroque gate and fence fragment.